2019 President’s Greeting
Thank you for visiting the NAIOP North Texas Chapter website. Our chapter consists of professional real estate members representing a spectrum of developers, owners, operators and service providers within the commercial real estate industry. Our membership consists of more than 520 members at a corporate, individual and student level, and includes many of the most prominent and influential commercial real estate practitioners in the country. In addition, our Chapter includes more than 95 Developing Leaders which is our 35 and younger members.
As an organization, NAIOP North Texas focuses on educational and professional networking opportunities for our constituents through monthly programs and special events. Moreover, the North Texas NAIOP Chapter is active in maintaining a strong presence in our state and local legislative affairs, focusing on those legislative issues which impact our industry. Our educational efforts include significant commitments of time and resources to scholarship opportunities for young individuals looking to enter a career in commercial real estate.
Among our goals and objectives for 2019, our Chapter Board of Directors will focus on the following:
- Programs – We will continue our history of high-quality educational programs through our monthly chapter membership lunches. Our 2019 programs will cover a wide variety of industry related topics. We will also recognize the area’s Best Lease Transaction and Best Development of the past year.
- Charity – Our local charity basketball and golf tournaments will again be highlights during the year. These events enable us to expand our networking opportunities within the Dallas/Fort Worth business community while providing the necessary fundraising to support our Chapter, our scholarship program and give to other charitable organizations.
- Legislative – We will maintain a strong presence in the region, in Austin, and in Washington, D.C. as we influence the legislative process. The North Texas Board of NAIOP will also continue to strengthen our legislative alliances with other statewide and local real estate organizations to form coalitions on issues impacting the real estate industry. As in past years, the North Texas Chapter will send multiple representatives to the NAIOP Chapter Leadership and Legislative Retreat, the Lobby Day in Austin, and the Annual Legislative Day in Washington D.C.
- Academic Challenge – In April, NAIOP North Texas will conduct its 14th Annual Academic Case Challenge. The Academic Challenge provides Texas graduate level college students with a competitive platform to display their real estate knowledge by analyzing and resolving a challenging case study. The Academic Challenge will provide significant scholarship money for the winning team members.
- Developing Leaders (“DL’s”) – This unique NAIOP young leaders program provides real estate professionals under the age of 35 the opportunity to network with their peers and gain access to the Board and other senior leadership of our Chapter. In February, this group will put on the chapter’s 10th Annual Comedy Night, which has been a very successful and well attended event the past 9 years for our chapter.
On behalf of the entire Board of Directors, we thank you for your interest and membership in the NAIOP North Texas Chapter. We are here to serve our membership base and their needs within this dynamic industry. We always appreciate your feedback on our programs, and we look forward to seeing you at our upcoming programs and special events.
Chris Hipp/Senior Managing Director/CBRE
2019 President – NAIOP North Texas Chapter
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, is the leading organization for developers, owners and related professionals in office, industrial and mixed-use real estate. NAIOP provides unparalleled industry networking and education, and advocates for effective legislation on behalf of our members. NAIOP advances responsible, sustainable development that creates jobs and benefits the communities in which our members work and live.